"We are closely monitoring Hurricane Michael and positioning crews and supplies so we can respond as soon as it's safe to do so," said
Customers are urged to prepare now for a strong storm that could bring dangerous conditions, flooding, and widespread outages. The company is staging crews and materials ahead of the storm so it can be ready to assess damage and restore power as soon as weather conditions are safe.
To prepare for the storm:
- Set up an online account to easily report and track power outages from any mobile device.
- Bookmark our website, DominionEnergy.com, on your mobile device to quickly report outages.
- Put together or "refresh" your emergency prep kit to include:
- Batteries and flashlights/lanterns
- Bottled water (1 gallon per person, per day)
- Cash (power outages could affect ATM machines)
- Non-perishable food
- First aid kit, medications and hygiene items
- If you have a generator, be sure it is fueled, tested and properly connected. Follow the manufacturer's instructions and always operate out of doors with good ventilation.
If you do experience an outage:
- Always report your outage by visiting https://www.dominionenergy.com/outage-center/report-and-check-outages or calling 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357).
- Turn off all appliances except one light to prevent overload when power comes back on.
- Be careful to avoid downed power lines, which may be energized and deadly. Remember that downed wires can be hidden under fallen trees or branches or under flooded streets or yards. Stay at least 30 feet away and make sure your family, pets, and neighbors avoid downed wires. Call 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357) and stay on the line to speak with an agent so we can make the area safe.
About Dominion Energy
Nearly 6 million customers in 19 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/company-prepares-for-possible-impact-as-hurricane-michael-heads-north-300729257.html
SOURCE Dominion Energy
MEDIA INQUIRIES: (804) 771-6115